Some Website called VoucherCloud did a study recently, and it showed Americans don’t know stuff.
Now, I didn’t need some coupon-aggregator Website to do a study to tell me that. I’ve met a lot of Americans. Related to several. Am one. I know Americans, and I know a lot of them are stupid. There’s no other reason than stupid that explains how Obama got elected. And that the stupid is a long-term condition is proven by Obama getting elected twice.
Okay, back to the study. It seems that 11% of Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease. And, the study showed some other things, too:
- 27% identified “gigabyte” as an insect commonly found in South America. A gigabyte is a measurement unit for the storage capacity of an electronic device.
- 42% said they believed a “motherboard” was “the deck of a cruise ship.” A motherboard is usually a circuit board that holds many of the key components of a computer.
- 23% thought an “MP3” was a “Star Wars” robot. It is actually an audio file.
- 18% identified “Blu-ray” as a marine animal. It is a disc format typically used to store high-definition videos.
- 15% said they believed “software” is comfortable clothing. Software is a general term for computer programs.
Yes, I sit here and laugh. But, is it really a laughing matter? Shouldn’t we try to help these poor people?
No. We need to laugh at them. Just like when you see a car with an Obama sticker, you point and laugh.