Random Thoughts: G.I. Joe, Big Government, and Letterman

Posted on April 7, 2014 9:00 am

The Community last week is definitely must see if you grew up watching the GI Joe cartoons.

I thought it was going to be homage to GI Joe; didn’t realize they worked with Hasbro to put in all the actual GI Joe characters.

Here’s the opening from the GI Joe Community.

If you’re going to have a big government, it’s going to end up in every aspect of your life. That’s the nature of the beast.

It’s not about civil rights. It’s about controlling people.

These unmutable Noah ads have to be against something in the Bible.

The great thing about the gay marriage debate is that you get to be hateful bigot no matter what side you’re on.

I think it’s past time for the first robot late night host. #LettermanReplacement

Whatever happened to color bars coming on screen at a certain hour? Bring about test patterns! #LettermanReplacement

Lots of weird things in Dr. Who, but was this episode where everyone in UK was certain Obama was going to end the recession with a speech.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

15 Responses to “Random Thoughts: G.I. Joe, Big Government, and Letterman”

1. jw says:

“umutable”?

2. Basil says:

jw:
    Can’t be muted. Not to be confused with “immutable,” which describes Scripture. Just like the Noah movie shouldn’t be confused with Scripture.

“When you have a self-propelled mower and the self-propelled part breaks down, it just becomes a really hard to push mower.”

From experience, it’s really the same as a regular push mower, but you’re also carrying the added burden of sadness over your broken machine, so it FEELS like a lot more work.

4. jw says:

@3 Basil, “Noah” is considered an instructional video here. the river due to be 8+ feet above flood stage.

so “umutable”=”unmutable” got it now.

(btw, the spelling was corrected after my post.) :)

5. jw says:

oops, @2 Basil, not @3 Basil

6. Basil says:

Those numbers don’t mean nothing to those of us viewing on a mobile device. I’m trying to find a better mobile theme that is closer to the full theme, so that we can play the Numbers Game the rest of you do, but that involves work, and I’m kinda lazy.

@6 Basil – Ya know, taken out of context, your comment reads just like some of those spammer comments that we have to delete from time to time :-D

Meanwhile, going forward, I’ll try to remember to use numbers AND names when responding to comments, as a courtesy to the readership.

8. Frank J. says:

You make a good point, commenter.

9. Basil says:

@007 (James Bond Harvey):
    Hey, I wasn’t publicly dropping a hint. Just saw the correction and an opportunity.

But, I could have some fun making up numbers.

@9 Basil – I know, but *I’m* dropping a hint because you make a good point and I’ve never thought of it before.

So take that, THX-1138

“…it just becomes a really hard to push mower.”

Especially for computer programmers.

12. Basil says:

@10/@9 Central:
    Of course, if I find a mobile theme that supports the numbering, we’ll still have the issue of a moderated comment released throwing all the numbers off. It’s fun when that happens and the wrong person gets insulted.

13. AwesometificAmerican says:

@32 Yeah the Community episode wasnt as funny as others, but they did a great job of hitting all the right notes with the GI Joe homage. Even the commercials for the toys was done using that washed out 80’s TV film. Hasbro would be stupid if they dont release a GI Jeff figure pack of all the cast (especially Tight Ship), but then again Hasbro has neglected the line and as bascially written it off. It is the 50th anniversary of the toy and they are doing nothing with it. Sad.

14. AT says:

I wish they still had those PSA’s at 10:00 each night.

“It’s 10:00pm, do you know where your children are?”

15. Oppo says:

. . . and the Blue Angels in formation while the national anthem signals the end of the broadcasting day.