Random Thoughts: 5 Guys, Hashtags, and Frogs

Posted on May 8, 2014 9:00 am

5 Guys is good at making burgers, bad at BACON REMEMBRANCE.

Before leaving with my order, I even asked, “Did you remember the bacon?” I’d get more mad if everyone there weren’t always so nice.

I’m not going to eat some baconless burger like some savage! I mean, I did, every bite (plus the fries), but I still missed the bacon.

The only reason the Nazis were around so long is Twitter didn’t exist then to bring them down with hashtags.

Why hasn’t Obama released the power of the hashtag on the economy? It’s like he doesn’t want people to have jobs.

Scientists should come up with environmentally friendly solutions that save money and not care whether people believes in global warming or not.

Oh wait. Doing useful things with science is the job of engineers.

Why hasn’t the government done something about how poison dart frogs’ bright colors make them look appetizing to small children?

Despite how they look, poison dart frogs are not berry flavored.

Nothing worse than getting a grizzly bear in a headlock and forgetting what the Boy Scout manual says you’re supposed to do next.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (6 votes, average: 4.33 out of 5)

24 Responses to “Random Thoughts: 5 Guys, Hashtags, and Frogs”

1. Oppo says:

I hope frogs are the only creatures that come in a poison dart variety.

2. HokieGomer says:

Deep Thoughts…With HokieGomer…

Never poke a grizzly bear in the eye with a stick, break the stick in half, and try to poke him in the other eye.

3. jw says:

Doing useful things with science is the job of engineers.

i thought driving trains was the job of engineers.

4. FredKey says:

Despite how they look, poison dart frogs are not berry flavored.

Thus speaks the voice of experience.

5. YourIntellegence says:

Holy crap, this is the biggest load of bull**** I have ever read. There wasn’t even any logical sense in this blog.

Andrew Klavan: The Debate is Over:

7. CapitalistB says:

Page 170-171 of the 12th edition lists what to do next — have the bear lie down, feet propped up 12 inches above body to promote blood flow back into the core, and cover it with a blanket or sleeping bag to keep it warm. (This is listed as “treatment for shock” — I’d imagine that if you get it in a headlock, the bear will be shocked.)

The Boy Scout Handbook contains all manner of useful information; for example, page 140 has a couple of paragraphs on how to deal with an animal you suspect is carrying zombie virus. It turns out that they recommend against scouts trying to dispatch such animals themselves in favor of letting animal control take care of it due to the risk of scouts becoming themselves infected with zombie virus and needing an anti-zombie shot.

8. CapitalistB says:

on the other hand, I suppose that does leave wide open the question of what to do if you get a zombie grizzly bear into a headlock….

9. CapitalistB says:

@5: the blog title didn’t exactly say “Logical Sense: 5 guys, hashtags, and frogs” now did it?

@5:

“Intellegence”

I doubt that your misspelling is a typo.

@5: I couldn’t agree more – it’s almost like this is just a bunch of randon thoughts.

@11: I’m leaving open the possibility that these are “pseudo-random” thoughts, just in case.

13. jw says:

@5 YourIntellegence,

welcome to imao.

random: “odd and unpredictable in an amusing way: my totally random life.”

“Doing useful things with science is the job of engineers.”

Interesting, in my career, I’ve only met one scientist who did all of his own engineering. But I’ve known several engineers who were forced to do their own science so they could engineer a solution. Go engineers!

15. Denise says:

You learn something new every day. All this time I thought the job of engineers was to hang off the sides of engines so their glasses don’t fall off.

16. Frank J. says:

Deinse,
    You’re banned from IMAO. Pack your things and leave. That’s your pun-ishment.

Gah! Now you got me doing it!

17. CrabbyOldBat says:

I’m not going to eat some baconless burger like some savage!

Chinese food now comes with bacon:

San-Diego-257970771.html

‘Merica!

18. jw says:

@15 Denise,

don’t worry, banning is only valid if frank spells your name correctly.

There wasn’t even any logical sense in this blog. Never has been and hopefully…never will be.

@18 and we all know that Frnak can’t even spell his own name correctly.

21. Denise says:

At least he didn’t call me Dense.

22. Frank J. says:

That’s it! You’re all banned! BANNED!

Frank, are you popping those triban imaodiums again? They don’t work. You need to call your doctor and ask him if triwritin moridiums would be better.

24. 25 says:

@22 – sounds like a crazy old guy trying to get the kids off his internet lawn…