One Reason I Like Bill Cosby

Posted on June 25, 2014 10:00 pm

[High Praise! to Neatorama]

The way he chose to combat racism (which existed as an actual hurdle early in his career):

Within the black community, [Bill Cosby] was criticized for not confronting racial issues. The truth was, Cosby had made a conscious decision to ignore race and stick to topics that were universally relatable. But not because he wasn’t interested in challenging stereotypes. “A white person listens to my act, and he laughs, and he thinks, Yeah, that’s the way I see it too,” he said. “OK. He’s white. I’m Negro. And we both see things the same way. That must mean that we are alike. Right?”

The whole article is a good read. Although I may be prejudiced, because I actually used to listen to the “To Russell” album on vinyl back in the day.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (6 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

17 Responses to “One Reason I Like Bill Cosby”

1. jw says:

Cos was great. i had multiple records of his (still have 200 m.p.h.) and i saw him live once in 1968 or ’69.

2. NO_MO_BAMA says:

Why is there air? To blow up basketballs and footballs. We had Bob Newhart records too. Archie was right, those were the days…..

3. Veeshir says:

I actually used to listen to the “To Russell” album on vinyl back in the day.

I remember almost dying listening to him talk about smearing, what was it, jelly?, all over the kitchen floor.

4. NO_MO_BAMA says:

sorry, this is the good one

this is creepy, I remember this word for word.

5. NO_MO_BAMA says:

Part 2

6. NO_MO_BAMA says:

*to blow up volleyballs, to blow up basketballs. I was close, not bad considering I haven’t heard this in about 40 years.

I had a collection of Bill Cosby albums.
    I used to look forward to the release of his next album the way Game of Thrones fans wait for the next book in the series.

8. Jersey McJones says:

You have to have a very serious moral character problem to say that racism is not a hurdle for minorities today. Also, you have to be stupid.

JMJ

9. Basil says:

You have to have a very serious moral character problem to be a liberal.
    Also, you have to be stupid.

@8 JMJ – I disagree. And racism is not a hurdle for minorities today.

11. Zach says:

I’m confused. I thought Basil was the old guy who used to listen to vinyl.

@11 Zach – and JMJ is the old guy who thinks that blacks still have separate water fountains.

13. NO_MO_BAMA says:

“racism” is a weapon for minorities and liberals today.You have to have a very serious moral character problem to think that it’s OK to simply pay certain people (hmmmm many of them just happen to be minorities) to live without even asking them to work while demanding that other people work to pay for them. Who’s the slave now?

14. NO_MO_BAMA says:

You have to have a very serious moral character problem if you spend your time looking for anything on the internet that involves minorities and inserting your mindless liberal talking points and accuse anyone who isn’t a moron like you of being a racist. When you ignore the fact that if it wasn’t for “racism”, your hero couldn’t have been elected dog catcher, you define useful idiot. It shows you’re not really against what you think is racism, you just think that minorities are too stupid to make it on their own and they need people like you to help them and the end result is Obama. Even when the country is falling apart all around you, you still don’t get why that’s a bad idea.

Oh wait….maybe dog catcher isn’t a good example.

15. Iowa Jim says:

If anybody would know about being stupid, Jersey would.

16. c64wood says:

Love the guy for what he did in the entertainment realm and still do, but he’s an Obamapologist.

17. frogmouth says: