Pre-Order My First Novel

Posted on June 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Liberty Island (which publish a short story of mine — you read that, right?), is now going into book publishing and is using crowdfunding to get started. And who is the rising star novelist that is the author of the first novel they will publish?

Hmm, let me check… Hey! It’s me!

That’s right, my science fiction novel, Superego, will be their first release. And by joining in their crowdfunding campaign, you can basically preorder my novel. As long as you pledge $5 or more, you will get the ebook. For $15 or more, you’ll get the print version. And for $25 or more, I’ll sign it. That’s right: I’ll actually acknowledge your existence in print.

And there are other great pledge levels too. For only $35, you’ll get every book they release this first year — which could possibly include another one from me. I hope this is my first novel of many.

I think the big plubicity push for this will be next week, but I’m giving you, my most loyal readers, a heads up. And by the way, purchasing my first novel is MANDATORY. If it is ever found out you did not buy my first novel, you will be banned from the entire blogosphere forever. And it only take $5 to at least get an ebook copy; everyone has at least $5 in this country. I think that’s actually our country’s slogan — “Everyone here has at least five bucks.” Or maybe it was something about plural buses. Whatever. You have $5 bucks.

I’ll have more on this. Constantly.

EDIT: Do’h. I forgot to include the link to the crowdfunding campaign. You will need that to pay. It is essential.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

21 Responses to “Pre-Order My First Novel”

1. Iowa Jim says:

I’ll sign it. That’s right: I’ll actually acknowledge your existence in print.

You’re thirty-five years old and you have to print rather than sign in cursive?

2. Penultimatum says:

Hey, writing a book is a great way to prepare for your Presidential campaign. FrankJ in 2016!

3. Frank J. says:

Jim,
    I can’t even remember the last time I wrote something by hand instead of typing, so I’m not even sure I can do print.

Penultimatum,
    A novel isn’t really the way to launch a campaign, but I do also have a non-fiction book called Punch Your Inner Hippie coming out before the end of the year.

4. Les says:

What’s an eBook? It sounds a lot like Ebola, and I think I know what that is. You can’t fool me.

And don’t get me started on crowdfunding. I don’t even like crowds, and now I’m supposed to fund them?

If we buy your books, Frank, does it mean we won’t have to pay to subscribe to IMAO any more? I’m looking to save some money on thin blogs.

Also, if you start acknowledging people here, Frank, you’ll be setting a president.

(*ba da gong*)

6. Frank J. says:

Les,
    You don’t have to know what an ebook is. You just have to buy one as it is mandatory. You can pay for the print book if an ebook confuses you.

Jimmy,
    Yes, buying my books takes the place of a subscription and helps me continue to provide you with quality blog content. Or at least content.

@6 Frank: Actually, I was teasing just a bit – but even with your very busy schedule, we DO miss your creative writing at IMAO à la the “old days.” It used to have me in stitches almost every day. On the other hand, I laugh easily, so maybe that was it.

I’ll buy your printed version since I can’t read very well on those computer reading thingys and I don’t want the NSA to be buggin’ and snoopin’ what I read.

8. Burt says:

Will the signed print version arrive in a plain brown wrapper? I have to live in this neighborhood.

9. Oppo says:

(ASIDE: Frank, do soething smart and have 4of7’s art be your trademark in publishing.)

Holy Expletive, Frank!

My political humor god and mentor’s signature on a book? Very cool. I’ m going to try and coax you to mail it to Harvey and Basil, too. Might be Obamaesque, though. Y’know, clusteric… But if I got all three of you, I’ d at least have you where the NSA does…

10. Not an NSA Spy says:

How much for me to buy the ebook and have you sign my nexus?

11. Frank J. says:

Jimmy,
    I miss my more regular blogging, but my writing time has been limited lately and I decided to focus more on my book writing. Hopefully things will change in the future, though.

Burt,
    A signed book by me should be announced to everyone.

Oppo,
    Since we all live in different states, getting a book signed by the three of us would be pretty expensive. And using 4of7s art to stand out is a neat idea, but that’s out of my hands. They have a very good artist working in the cover right now.

12. Frank J. says:

Not Spy,
    You can send me a tablet to sign, but I’ll probably just keep it.

13. Oppo says:

Thanks, Frank. I assumed from the start it was Obamaesque.

Rest assured, I’m in.

Okay, I just signed-up for $35 (one year membership). It didn’t ask for my mailing address, Frank, so you’ll have to personally deliver your signed copy. When you’re here, you can go clam digging – and eat potatoes!

15. HCG says:

Sweet! I can hardly wait for Superego, as I really enjoyed the “Bit by Bit” version.

Les – I resisted the ebook thing for years after I received a Kindle for Christmas. Now I am hopelessly infected, and it appears to be fatal. I think this is my first instance of crowdfunding, and now I feel slightly dirty. ;p
    The thing I like most about my Kindles is the dictionary function. All you have to do is highlight the word, and its definition magically appears. No more sleeping with Funk and Wagnalls in the bed.

16. Denise says:

That $35 for the first year of published books, does that cover print publishing or is it strictly ebooks? I don’t have one of those fancy reader thingies.

17. toadroller says:

Regarding @6 and the mandate to buy the book…

If I don’t what’s the fine?

@16 Denise – You don’t actually need a fancy reader thingy, because you can get free Kindle software for your PC from Amazon:

I have it on all of my laptops & love it.

19. Burt says:

@17 toadroiller: It’s not a fine…it’s a tax.

20. Frank J. says:

Jimmy,
    You’re my new favorite friend.

HCG,
    I can hardly stand print books anymore; so inconvenient. But I have tablet, phone, and eink readers. And I think you will enjoy this; it’s twice as long as the bit by bit version with more character development and plot twists and completely rewritten from scratch (well, possibly a sentence or two remains from the original).

Denise,
    If it has a screen (like whatever you used to access this), you can read an ebook on it. Of course, more convenient if it’s a handheld thing like a phone or a tablet.

21. Denise says:

Thanks for the info. Gotta replace my PC. My cell won’t even let me watch video clips. As soon as it’s replaced though, I’m in.