Random Thoughts: Obama, FOX News, and Robocop

Posted on July 22, 2014 9:00 am

Read through the 1st pass for the layout of my Punch Your Inner Hippie book. You guys are so lucky you’re going to get to read it.

We need like a leader of the free world.

Maybe if we were a better country Obama would be more interested in helping us.

Is “Money good” a mission or a vision statement?

People should be less angry at FOX News and more angry and the horribly biased left-wing news that spawned it from necessity.

Where do I go to protest if I don’t think enough of Hamas is being killed?

You watch the original Robocop movie, you think, “Wow. They were pretty optimistic about the future of Detroit.”

What corporation would buy Detroit now? Not even Yahoo would buy it.

If you’re wondering what president’s up to, I’m friends with him on Facebook and it’s just constant requests for more lives on Candy Crush.

I thought that Robocop joke had to have been done before, which is a sign of either a really good joke or that you stole it.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

15 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Obama, FOX News, and Robocop”

1. AwesometificAmerican says:

“Money Good” is the vision statement. How you get your hands on all that money goodness is the mission statement.

2. Iowa Jim says:

Maybe if we were a better country Obama would be more interested in helping us.

Maybe if we were a better country we would have elected John McCain in 2008 or Mitt Romney in 2012. The problem, of course, isn’t that people get the government that they deserve; it’s that all of us get the government that those who voted with the majorit, or didn’t vote at all, deserve.

Frank, I had my ‘inner Hippie’ punched out of me by Catholic nuns back when we called them ‘beatniks’ in the ’50’s.

But I’m looking forward to your book as a punching refresher.

4. CCO says:

Maybe if we were a better country Obama would be more interested in helping us.

Isn’t that what Hitler finally concluded as the country went up in flames–that the German people weren’t good enough for him (or perhaps for National Socialism)?

5. CCO says:

@1–AA, can you put that in Total Quality terms?

6. AwesometificAmerican says:

@5- That is all you are getting out of me for free. Could you imagine how many books Frank J would have to sell for me to get IMAO, Inc certified for ISO?

@ 6: But if you got IMAO certified for ISO, it wouldn’t be funny anymore.

8. AwesometificAmerican says:

@7- Or would it become consistantly funny once they have processes in place? Imagine if they could cut all the waste and wait out of thier current funny as it happens model and adopt a streamlined approach. Funny productivity would go up and it would be consistant and predictable funny each and every time. Finally perfect Syngery would be acheived and it would not matter if it was Frank, Harvey, Basil, etc posting because it would be the same funny each and every time!

9. Bill James says:

The same funny every time doesn’t sound very interesting to me. And you know that’s probably what you’d get.

@8: I know some ISO-certified companies and their products when downhill after certification. Now, in IMAO’s case, if downhill meant weirder, wilder and wackier stuff, then okay!

There is another problem with your theory, however. Remember that Frank, Harvey and Basil are all elements of a single deranged personality. If you streamline it, you might make it bland and sane.

11. AwesometificAmerican says:

What? You dont want your funny from IMAO to have the consistancy of quailty and sameness as of a Big Mac, a CBS sitcom or a Nickleback album? Maybe you want to live in a world where comedy happens all willy-nilly and go right back to the dark days of Space Monkey, but I sir, do not. We should make comedy safe, legal and rare.

12. CCO says:

A non-raunchy CBS comedy (name two current ones–ones you wouldn’t be embarrassed to watch with you parents or kids) would be fine; Nickleback, perhaps; Big Mac, probably not.

13. CCO says:

^your

@11: No, I want my funny ‘random’ and unpredictable – like Frank’s Random Thoughts – where of late, we either have Frank’s Random Thoughts or no Frank at all!

15. Veeshir says:

# 15, Awesome point!

Where do I go to protest if I don’t think enough of Hamas is being killed?

Pizza for the IDF works.