Random Thoughts: Harry Potter and Bicyclists

Posted on August 22, 2014 9:12 am

Isn’t the whole country a free-speech zone?

Harry Potter stamps? What’s a British person doing on US stamps? OBAMA!!! *shakes fist*

So how many bicyclists are people who can’t afford cars and how many are just sociopaths?

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

16 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Harry Potter and Bicyclists”

1. og says:

I have many customers where there are many people who commute by bicycle.

Most claim the health benefits and benefits to the environment, but you can invariably get this response, if you ask this question:

“Too many dui’s?”
    Hangs head in shame, “yeah.”

The times when I was a habitual bicyclist, my reason was that I lived in a poorly-planned big city where there were no parking spots near where I lived, worked, shopped, or went to school, and traffic was a special kind of 8-lane hell all the time.

Having a bicycle let me slip through the cracks, traffic-wise, and park right next to whatever building I wanted to be in.

3. c64wood says:

I heard a rumor that a bicyclist is a cyclist that swings both ways

4. blarg says:

I’ve always said this to my wife:

I can’t take a grown man on a bicycle seriously. I just can’t.

5. blarg says:

It has (thankfully) been a very long time since I’ve had a job to which I could show up in the kind of condition one would show up in after riding a bicycle and have it be acceptable.

6. blarg says:

It has also (thankfully) been a very long time since I’ve had to live close enough to where I work that I could ride a bicycle there.

7. Bouncing Beatnik says:

The only good reason for riding a bicycle to work is my reason – it saves us from having to buy a second car plus the gas for the trip in (about $5000/year, I figure). The shower in the basement at work makes it possible. I *do* swing both ways – I also drive a car other places. :)

The fact that my legs are muscled like one of the warriors in “300” is a side benefit…

8. Iowa Jim says:

I bicycled to work most of the time when I lived in Silicon Valley. There were showers at work, and I used them when I got there. Like Bouncing Beatnik, I also drive a car, and my legs are also muscled like one of the warriors in “300”.

I still bicycle around south central Iowa for transportation and for fun.

In Seattle, bicyclists who ride in “bicycle lanes” are also tree huggers.

10. blarg says:

for the record…2 grown men who ride bicycles just referred to the movie “300”. A movie that’s only marginally less gay than Top Gun.

11. ConnecticutCompromise says:

“Isn’t the whole country a free-speech zone?”

Not since Obama, and his “most transparent administration” got into office. Just ask FOX News, which has been “called out” by the White House because president thin-skin never expected anyone to criticize him. Free speech has become “agree with me” speech, or we will make you look like a vindictive, closed minded racist/sexist/social elitist.

12. Vaktatunnen says:

I used to ride my bicycle to work. When I had a lemonade stand. But it’s always fun hearing from bicycle commuters. Just like it’s fun hearing from vegans.

13. Oppo says:

Bicycle: efficient, compact, cheap mode of transportation.
    Bicycle users: Variable.
    Bicycle user critics: Variable.

Conservatives don’t like painting with too broad a brush.

14. blarg says:

FACT: 97% of bicycles don’t have air conditioning.

15. c64wood says:

Too bad they didn’t have bicycles in 300

16. heresolong says:

We will darken the skies with our bicycle helmet laws!

Then we will peddle in the shade!