[High Praise! to Dan]
Elizabeth Warren is out there saying we should emulate China because they’re spending a fortune on roads & bridges.
Maybe she’s been hanging out too long with Anita “Mao Tse-tung is my favorite political philosopher” Dunn.
But why stop at infrastructure? Surely there are other areas where we could be more like China.
I speculate thusly:
1) Coolie hats (only if worn ironically)
2) Use chopsticks instead of forks. Still need to take them away from Hispanics at Obama fundraisers, since they’re an obvious stabbing hazard.
3) More little red books. Mostly because the magazine is too big to fit in your pocket.
4) All women have to wear skirts and march in formation
5) Forget bumper stickers. “Forward.” brand fortune cookies.
6) Wispy facial hair. Although I suppose the wearing-coolie-hats-ironically hipsters’ll probably have that part covered.
7) Invest in America – buy national debt. I think the Fed’s already on top of that one.
8) Large, iconic illustrations of our supreme political leader carried through the streets by people who are forbidden from criticizing that leader. Oh, wait…
9) Is Warren hinting that we’ll all soon be conscripted to build Obama’s high-speed intercontinental railroad?
10) We get our moon program back!
Also, we’ll finally get that wall on our border to stifle the rushing hordes of foreign invaders.