Ask a Congressman

Posted on August 24, 2010 9:00 pm

You ever want to ask a Congressman a question? If you’re like lots of people, you don’t ever get a chance.

Well, I’m not offering you the chance to ask your Congressman a question, but you can a Congressman a question.

Rep. Mike Rogers, a Republican from the 3rd District of Alabama, will be about three miles from where I work in Columbus next Monday.

He’s not the Congressman that represents Columbus. For one thing, Columbus is in Georgia. And, Columbus is split between Georgia’s 2nd and 3rd districts. (A Republican represents the 3rd district, but I don’t know why I never hear about any town hall meetings he holds. A Democrat represents the 2nd district, and that’s why exactly he doesn’t hold any town hall meetings. That and people like me asking for questions.)

So, sorry, there’s no chance to ask questions to a Democrat Congressman. But, there’s a Republican Congressman that will answer questions. So, I’m going to be at Congressman Rogers’ meeting next Monday. And I’ll ask my questions. And your questions.

If you want to ask a question of Congressman Rogers, leave it in the comments here.

If you want to submit a questions without leaving it here, email it to me at this address.

Oh, and serious questions are welcome, too.

(UPDATE: We’re accepting questions until Saturday, August 28, 2010)

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (6 votes, average: 4.83 out of 5)

Tags: ,

22 Responses to “Ask a Congressman”

1. MikeLL says:

What is another word for Thesaurus?
    What is the speed of dark?

. . . and of course . . .

If pro and con are opposites, what is the opposite of Congress?

2. storm1911 says:

Who you? Who you ? (It works for North Carolina congressmen)

3. Chip says:

I have a couple of questions for your Congressman person…..

When they go behind closed doors for meetings, do they were funny hats like the Shriners?

Do they get to drive the little funny looking cars in parades?

Do they have a secret handshake?

Is there really a bright red phone that goes directly to the president? Or at least to Commissioner Gordon?

4. Live Free Or Die says:

What is your name? What is your quest ? What is your favorite colour? What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

* Who is your favorite Founding Father?

* What do you think you personally can do to stop our national spending binge and bring a sense of awarness of impending doom to the American public?

* Would you punch Alan Grayson in the nuts or kick him in the nuts?

Congressman Rogers, why would anyone in their right mind want to have anything to do with the United States Government?

Could he chain and padlock all the doors of the Capital building after Nov. 2nd to prevent the Dems from trying to hold a lame duck session?

8. Craqbby Old Bat says:

Congressman Rogers, how do you keep yourself from punching the Democrats in their stupid monkey faces on a daily basis?

9. Twibb says:

How many hippies have you punched in the face today?

Also, bring a hippie liberal in case he hasn’t yet.

10. Hampton's Redshirt says:

Columbus !

hey did you know the original name of Phenix City was Sodom?

if you really want to know what comes from Federal control – study the history of Russell County Ala after the destruction of all industry and government by General Wilson

When I was at Benning in 71 Russell County still had not recovered – only in the last 10 or 15 years has it started changing.

Russell County during occupation is an example of exactly what is happening in this country right now.

Ask him why in the 1890’s when they were finally able to start the textile mill back up – why did they have to send to England for prisoners to operate the mill? – they brought them in through Savannah under lock and key.

the reason was that during Federal occupation all the competent people had to leave and it left people remaining who were outclassed in ability and work ethic by prisoners

defacto Federal occupation of the gulf coast is going to do the same thing to our oil industry – all the competent people are going to leave

11. Cilla Mitchell, Galveston Texas says:

Congressman Rogers: Consider this option. Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia and Texas seceding from the union. Bubbas do not want to have to learn Ebonics or Arabic.

A reminder to Congressman Rogers. Keep the ammo supply flowing to all the above states. We are the only hope this country has.

A footnote: I do not want to see Made In China on my ammo box.

Yeah, Cilla, you may be right. There’s certainly no hope for states like Arizona.

The thought of putting up with John McCain’s hypocrisy for six more years turns my coffee stomach.

Your questions answered…#1 Book, Fast, Progress. #2 That’s self explanatory. #3 Yes, No, Who told you about secret handshake?, Bright red phone goes directly to my re-election committee. #4 Congressman, To get re-elected, Red, Last question currently under Congressional investigation. #5 Ben Franklin, It’s way too late now, kick…definitely kick. #6 Good pay and bennies. #7 No. #8 Self control & lots of valium. #9 None…but it’s early yet. #10 Competent people have already left……..Congressman Rogers.

14. Cilla Mitchell, Galveston Texas says:

Jimmy, I apologize. Used to live in Arizona. Liked it. Just too many people from California and up north moved there at the time. Anyway, I apologize because Arizona does have a lot of backbone. They were the last state in the union to want to approve Martin Luther King as a holiday. Only reason they passed the law was because the Feds threatened to cut their funding. Please accept my humble apologies.

I’m not sure why or what you need to apologize for, Cilla. My point was that Arizona just renominated a man who does more harm to the cause of liberty and our Constitution than just about any other person in his own party. Go figure: Gov. Brewer on one hand, Senator McCain on the other. How can people in the same state DO that?

Well, since it was an open primary (as I understand it), maybe there was a lot of crossover vote by Democrats there. After all, he is a very good Democrat.

16. Veeshir says:

Congressman, WTF?
    I mean really, WTFF?

Let me know what he says.

17. Critter says:

Can you beat up Al Franken? Can you do it n the House floor? There are precedents.

18. Bantha_Fodder says:

4. Live Free Or Die – African or European?

19. Bantha_Fodder says:

Question 1.
    If a chicken and a half laid an egg and a half… how long would it take a monkey with a pegleg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Question 2.
    You are floating down a chocolate river in a wire canoe and you thow a wheel… how many pancakes does it take to cover a dog house?

20. Carolyn says:

What is the plan for repealing Obamacare? Will you vote to repeal Obamacare? Will you propose a bill to repeal Obamacare entirely?

21. Tim says:

Sorry kids, a little late to this game. I’m proud to call Mike Rogers my Congressman. Would that we could only have 434 more like him.

[I agree. He’s one of the keepers. But I am seriously taking questions to ask him. And he’ll answer the serious questions, according to my experiencing dealing with him and his staff. The not-so-serious questions? I don’t know what kind of response I’ll get. But, back to our point, I like Mike Rogers, think he’s one of the good guys, and I’m doing what I can to see he’s re-elected. – B.]

22. IMAO » Blog Archive » Ask a candidate links:

[…] when I asked for questions for a Congressman a while back? Yeah, that didn’t go too […]