Now I know why Grimm is set there

Posted on June 28, 2013 10:00 am

I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but there’s a TV show called Grimm that is set in Oregon.

The show’s alright. Little hard to follow at times with all the German critters and bogiemen running around. If you haven’t seen it, here’s the deal: All those fairy tales? They’re real. It goes on from there.

Anyway, I wondered why the show was set in Oregon. I kinda figured that the whole Twilight thing with all the gay vampires in the northwest U.S. was the inspiration. But now, I’m not so sure.

Turns out that in Wilsonville, Oregon, they’re gonna put up a memorial to 50,000 dead bumblebees.

No, I’m not making that up.

So, what are you doing this coming Sunday at 2:00 PM Left Coast Time? If you’re near Wilsonville, Oregon — that’s 25 miles south of the police station in Portland where Nick and his half-Hexenbiest captain work — you can watch a bunch of grown folks put up a monument to dead bumblebees.

I don’t know if you’ll see any Hexenbiest or Blutbaden or Fuchsbau there. But, I’m sure you’ll see a Blödmann or two.

UPDATE: Harvey has an update.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Tags: ,

19 Responses to “Now I know why Grimm is set there”

1. rodney dill says:

Oregon… proof that California leaks.

2. Oppo says:

“No, that’s cool, Oregon, we can wait for our monument. ” –50,000 victims of jihads against infidels.

What a bunch of bumbleb. s.

3. Oppo says:

I hope the monument looks like a rolled-up newspaper.

@3 – good one, Oppo!

5. plentyobailouts says:

Nothing surprises me about these “people” any more. They can’t even pump thier own gas

6. FredKey says:

Hmm. They love bumblebees and hate WASPs.

7. Zaklog the Great says:

Not saying the memorial isn’t a silly idea, but bee die-offs are a real, and potentially very dangerous, problem

8. Basil says:

What’s gonna make Sunday difficult is when they read off all 50,000 names.

9. Choey says:

Next they will build a memorial to the millions of flies that are killed every year by flyswatters and Raid.

10. Jay says:

Minor, but significant quibble:

Wilsonville is part of the “Portland Metropolitan Complex”. That is, a suburb of Portland. And this sounds EXACTLY like something people in Portland would do to “keep weird” but not something that most people in Oregon would do. You won’t find idiots protesting the replacement of “antique manhole covers”, riding their bicycles naked through the local neighborhood, or assaulting customers walking out of a fur store in Astoria, Baker, or Madras. But in Portland? That crap happens all the time. I’m not even exaggerating. They actually had people protest the replacement of manhole covers. Now that’s not to say Oregon doesn’t lean left overall, just that the really out there crap is all Portland & it’s suburbs.

11. Y. L. Tatsote says:

The lib governor out there has designated a portion of the land in Wilsonville as a national bee cemetery which is to be modeled on the military cemetery in Normandy, with row upon row of tiny marble headstones marking the graves of the fallen humble bumbles. Flags will be flying at half-staff, Taps will be played, and the governor will place a wreath at the tomb of the unknown bumble.

12. Critter says:

They need bumblebees? How many? I can ship a crate over night from lower alabama.

13. Oppo says:

Ahh! There’s another one!

14. RAML says:

Hate to quibble, but the loss of 50k bees (cause was some idiot over sprayed trees around target parking lot, where the bulk of the bees died) will have a major impact on crop and flower and weed fertilization. Oh and yes the bee memorial is so far over the top it’s interfering with satellite orbits.

15. Oppo says:

50,000 bees died because someone oversprayed one target (or was that Target?) parking lot? Exactly how endangered does that mean they are?

16. Oppo says:

Question for beeologists: If there is a void in bee ecogeography (I think I deserve credit for that word), do other bumblebees not move in and fill it? Or are bee ecogeographies unique in that respect?

17. Oppo says:

Bees!

18. The Guy That Oversprayed The Trees says:

To those if you Target shoppers with bee allergies: You’re welcome.

19. Oppo says:

For the record: I know there are several plants that can only — repeat ONLY — be pollinated by stupid stingy bees. Which we humans depend upon.