* Man, I am about done with politics for the year? How about you?
* Let’s just say it again because it can’t be emphasized enough: Ron Paul is an unelectable nut, and if you don’t understand that, you’re a crazy person. Do we really have to bring up the racist newsletters written in his name (racists and anti-Semites love Ron Paul and he seems quite keen not to discourage them… along with truthers)? CNN brought them up, and Ron Paul’s reaction? Run away!
And then there is that blame America first impulse that has no place in the Republican Party. For instance, his instinct was to proclaim Wikileaks traitor Bradley Manning as a hero.
And do you know he’s previously endorsed Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney for president?
And if you don’t understand that, you have no place in politics.
Still, I kind of hope he wins Iowa so we can’t once again make fun of how stupid and pointless these early primary states are.
* New poll actually shows Romney leading in Iowa, and he’s spent nearly no time there. The guy has good organization. I find I’m slowly starting to think to myself, “This Romney guy is actually pretty good.” It’s like the end of the book 1984. “I love Big Brother!” If you can’t change things, might as well take the bullet to the brain and embrace them.
* Newt Gingrich told a gay person that if your number one issue is gay marriage, he’s probably not the candidate for you. And this is news? Well, other outlets portrayed it as, “Newt tells gay people don’t vote for him!” I guess you don’t need basic comprehension to be a journalist (technically, I’m a journalist). Would have been nice for Newt to remind the guy that Obama is “against” gay marriage too… or at least too much of a pandering coward to pretend otherwise.
* North Korea is saying they got condolences from Jimmy Carter for the passing of Kim Jong Il, and Jimmy Carter has not said otherwise. I know it’s unprecedented, but can we deport an ex-president? He doesn’t even seem to like this country, so he might actually want that. Maybe Norway will take him; they did give him a peace prize.
* Complex molecules have been found on Pluto. This would be a really interesting discovery… if it were found on a planet. But since it was found on Pluto — that nothing rock floating somewhere — who cares?
* Wisdom of the Day from Shelby Fero:
“There are no stupid questions.” – someone who’s never watched a movie with my mom
* Tonight in the MAACO Bowl, 7th ranked Boise State (11-1) plays nothing ranked Arizona State (6-6) who fired their coach. Yay the BCS system and the awesome bowl match ups it produces! Boise State is moving their football program to the Big East (Idaho is East of some things) which is currently an automatic qualifier in the BCS, but that will probably be stripped soon. Well, half the fun of rooting for BSU is seeing them try but never get the respect they deserve. Underdogs!