Basil recently wrote to me:
Your post [on the Hillary-as-superhero comic book] got me to thinking. Do liberals start trolling sites like IMAO only to get distracted by satire that they think are acutally wonderful ideas? And can we use that to our advantage?
I say yes, and maybe.
Here are some things I’ve suggested in Newsish Fakery posts that liberals might think are good ideas:
* Arrest people who stop terrorist attacks for violating Muslims’ civil rights to practice their religion.
* Denounce those calling Obama a liar as being bigoted against Deception-Americans.
* Negotiate with wildfires instead of fighting them.
* Declare the Constitution “hate speech“.
* Apologize for the Declaration of Independence.
* Return the Louisiana Purchase for a refund.
* Have the US declare bankruptcy.
* Blow up Los Angeles to atone for using waterboarding-obtained information to thwart a terrorist plot to do so.
* Tea control laws to prevent right-wing activists from using tea bags in protests.
* Battery-powered “green” military vehicles.
* Cap & Trade program for political dissent.
* Banning guns that are too pretty.
* Not-for-profit banking.
* Bailouts for the Obama merchandise industry.
Now for the tough part: now that we have a fun list of stupid ideas for liberals to embrace, what can we do with it that will be most advantageous to us?
My first thought is put it on DNC letterhead, title it “Proposed 2012 Democrat Party Platform” and send it to Debbie Wasserman Shultz, who’ll think it’s real (I mean, honestly, she’s… just not very bright). Then the platform gets adopted, Obama runs on it, and BOOM! – GOP landslide.
My second thought is to ask you guys how YOU think we could use this to our advantage.
So… let’s hear it, folks…