* Mitt Romney won the primary in Illinois by a decent margin and should get most of the delegates. So are we much closer to this primary finally being over? I don’t know. And yes, I am actively rooting for Romney because I just so want this primary over, and the other options aren’t good enough to justify drawing this thing out.
I honestly expected Santorum to burn out sooner like every other temporary front runner, but he keeps surprising people. He’s not going to surprise people by winning the primary, though, which is why this is all getting rather pointless.
I just want to focus on how bad Obama is? Can’t we do that soon, please?
* And now I’m moving to the phase where I try to convince myself Romney isn’t that bad. I remember doing that with McCain. It was hard.
But anyway, him telling off a whiny college student looking for free handouts is pretty nice. It would be better if he followed it up with a hippie punch.
And Obama is the candidate if you want free stuff.
TAX PAYER: “I don’t like how the deficit is over a trillions dollars.”
OBAMA: “Oh, well… have some free condoms!”
* Paul Ryan plans to take away even more free stuff with his new budget. Democrats are going to scream about it, but of course what they aren’t going to do is propose a budget of their own. You can’t run up trillion dollar deficits if you’re actually trying to stick to a budget.
And the Democrats are going to say Paul Ryan is going to end Medicare as we know it. But the Democrats are trying to completely destroy it by doing nothing when we’re headed for disaster.
Anyway, don’t know if anything useful will happen, but at least someone is trying.
* Jim Geraghty (who I like to call “Googity” because I always have to Google how to spell his name) made a good point in his Morning Jolt newsletter yesterday (which I can’t link so I’ll link Best of the Web which mentions it) about how we have to approach the attacks on Obama. If everyone is like, “He wants to destroy America!” most voters will just roll their eyes; he’s obviously not considered that extreme by most people since he was elected president. But the attack of him being naive and in over his head is much more acceptable (and also let’s those who voted for him last time save a little face). So Obama isn’t some bad guy; he’s just someone who didn’t understand he’d get his head stuck inside that bucket.
* Wisdom of the Day from Mancow Muller:
NJ was ranked as one of the 5 best states at fighting corruption. Jersey got the rank after govt officials gave researchers a huge bribe.
* In the new movie, Michael Bay is making the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles aliens. Yes, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And while he’s at it, why doesn’t he make them middle aged. And samurais. And snakes.
One thing will be for certain though with Michael Bay on board: Whether the turtles be aliens or mutants, there will be incomprehensible CGI and lots of explosions.
Anyway, let’s just mark down the fact that Michael Bay is still making movies as another one of the failures of the Obama presidency.