Obama Wins the Nobel Peace Prize by Listening to Me

Posted on October 9, 2009 9:27 am

Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize.

And before you say, “This is a mockery of the Nobel Peace Prize! Obama has barely been president, so there is no way he’s had time to accomplish as much peace as Yasser Arafat,” answer me this: Has anyone else in the world’s history successfully attacked the moon? It’s an accomplishment under Obama’s watch and I think is quite worthy of the prize. Certainly more worthy than whatever they thought Carter did.

And if you think we have peace now, just wait until we hit the moon with a nuclear yield!

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (57 votes, average: 4.96 out of 5)

41 Responses to “Obama Wins the Nobel Peace Prize by Listening to Me”

Frank, you are a shameless son of a gun, aren’t you? I’d put a bullet through my head before I took credit for a fool’s abject failure.

Did we nuke the moon? NO.

Is the moon still mocking us? YES.

Does the moon have reason to mock us? YES.

2. john d says:

Frank, I’m embarrased to say I haven’t read your blog in a while, but when I saw what NASA had done this was the first place I went. I just KNEW that Obama was getting secret conservative help!!!! IMAO FTW!

Frank, you also forgot to mention that the deadline for the Arafat and Gore Progress Prize was Feb. 1st.

4. Burt says:

Ahh, the irony abounds. This coveted award is announced on the same day that the U.S. begins bombardment of the earths nearest neighbor with the LCROSS mission. Further, this unilateral aggression is undertaken without a single UN resolution and not one sanction against the moon has been tried!

A quick question. Will President Obama have to wait for the check to clear before he gives General McChrystal the additional combat forces?

Burt, you are too idealistic. Hundreds of U.N. sanctions and resolutions have placed against the moon and look where that has gotten us.

6. Barb says:

I was going to say “No fair!” because the seas haven’t receded yet (just ask America Samoa), but now I understand. Yes!

BTW, is this why the Instapundit said that this morning? Congrats again, FrankJ!

7. jw says:

as it says at instapundit, ” It’s Frank J. Fleming’s world. The rest of us just live in it.”

8. Ryan says:

Frank, you are all wrong. It’s not the Noble PEACE prize. It’s the Noble PIECE prize in honor of all the pieces of the moon we just bombed.

“It’s Frank J. Fleming’s world. The rest of us just live in it.” – Puppy Blender

I can imagine an “In My World” taking shape right now. No, wait! We’re in it already.

Frank, your world is messed up.

Frank J. Fleming: moon appeaser

11. SleeperG says:

Uh.., Frank. India already bombed the Moon with a satellite just last month. And they are nukular (sic, but I spell it that way in honor of W) capable.

Are we going to let them use the Moon’s water to make curry, or are we going to use that water to make Cheesburgers and Freedom Fries! Time to launch a first strike on the Moon! Get on it Obama and earn that Peace Prize!!

12. Rockhead says:

Does this mean that the stick-figure cartoons will now have a “Big ears and medal mean Obama” notation, or will he now be so easily identifiable that the note will be unnecessary?

13. Terry_Jim says:

Sleeper G,
    I’ll take Bush’s ‘Nu-kyu-ler’ for ‘Nu-cle-ar’ over Obama’s pronounciation of ‘A-mer’-i-ca’ as ‘A-meh’-er-ka’.
    Does that irritate anyone else, or just me?

Let’s relocate the Guantanimo terrorist detainees ‘friends with issues’ on the next Moon bomb launch.
    Do it for world peace.

14. rumcrook® says:

I think frank is almost like a modern day Nostradamus.

in fact I think the next catch phrase in stopping globull warming will have something to do with nuking the moon.

15. 1/4 tsp. Shredded Lemon Peel says:

Obama is just a pawn in the great turf war between the Overlooked Norwegian Nobel Nerds and the World Peacemaking Dorks of the IOC.

See, the IOC snubbed Obama because they worried that he was trying to muscle in on their birth certificate forgery racket. Their rival gang of Norwegian C-list Celebrity Groupies (which is why they started giving out the prize in the first place – so they could smugly name-drop people like Yasser Arafat and Al Gore and Atari, and sleep with runners up like Maya Angelou and Hitler) just threw the gauntlet down by giving Obama a participant’s trophy.

Just wait until NAMBLA names their “Man of the Year.”

This is going to be a great award season.

16. Oromin says:

I’m an econ major, and in my game theory class this semester we’re currently discussing ways to maintain credibility during strategic moves. Nuking the moon falls under the category of irrationality–if everyone else thinks you’re crazy, then they will believe that you will carry out any threats you make. Nuking the moon is officially an economically sound idea!

Oh to be the door-to-door champagne salesman with the CNN route.

18. SomeOtherSteve says:

I just don’t get it. President Bush launches a pre-emptive strike to uproot a ruthless dictator, and he draws the world’s ire. President Obama launches a pre-emptive strike against a peaceful satellite that is NOT ruled by a dictatorship, military junta, or any other form of totalitarian government, and he wins the Nobel Peace Prize. There is just NO justice in this world. :(

19. Rand Simberg says:

Has anyone else in the world’s history successfully attacked the moon?

Actually, Kennedy attacked the moon several times over forty years ago, with the Ranger program, though some were misses (NASA hadn’t figured out how to do it very well back then). I’m always surprised at the lack of speculation about this as the real cause of the assassination.

Anyway, I’m sure that Obama will be apologizing for the attack any time now.

Oh, wait. He only apologizes for things other people do.

20. Trouble says:

Congratulations Frank on your long-delayed but much-deserved vindication!

21. Jenny says:

Frank, When I heard the news I immediately thought of you! Congratulations!

22. Mikee says:

Yeah, the moon took a hit, FINALLY, on Obama’s watch, but what has Obama done about the evil monkeys, and the ninjas and the pirates.

Oh,wait, he did do something about some pirates….

Monkeys and ninjas, watch out! Obama is 2 for 2 so far, and you are next on the list of Frank’s big issues!

23. Peter Buxton says:

Frank J.: from wild bloviating internet crank to Prophet in ONE DAY.

24. Mikee says:

That it took someone of Obama’s prestige and political persuasion and Government Service level to make Frank J an internet prophet is somewhat telling.

Just imagine if Putin had decided to follow Frank’s prognostications. Somalia would be a Russian naval base, surrounded by glass-crusted glowing desert, the moon would be no more than half full at any stage in its monthly waxing and waning due to the loss of material from nukage, and monkeys and ninjas would be extinct.

25. Scott P says:

Sure we bombed the moon today, but the Nobel Prize is only for peace on Earth. The man is a genius, I tells ya.

26. Live Free Or Die says:

Ya think O-bah-muhh will redistribute some of the 1.4 MILLION! dollar prize money back to you, Frank?
    In the case of LCROSS ‘bombing’ of the moon, I’d refer back to Jim’s advise to Bart,regarding Mongo.”…If you shoot him, you’ll just make him mad.”
    The Ripley Method is still the tried and true method. ”…nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

27. Just Passing Through says:

Now you have to change your logo. Just so he’d get all the credit, Obama hit the moon’s south pole.

28. Dohtimes says:

Stupid teleprompter told him to Noogie The Moon!

29. Scott in OC says:

Clearly Frank J is a prophet for our times. All has come to pass just as he said! It’s time to get serious, people. We must listen carefully and obey….

The moon must be nuked
    All hippies must be punched in the face
    Fred Thomson shall be declared POTUS by acclamation
    All puppies shall report to their owners for immediate blending (in honor of the Insta-herald who helped spread Frank J’s message)

30. Stan says:

What award will he win tomorrow?
    The Cy Young?

31. Lewis says:

OBAMA
    Blew up the moon AND won the Nobel Peace Prize.
    ON THE SAME DAY, BITCHES.

32. VelvetElvis says:

I urge caution to all who are trumpeting success of our surprise attack on our only satellite, for this triumph will likely bear bitter fruit.

To quote Admiral Yamamoto after the Pearl Harbor, ” I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve.”

At this very moment I have no doubt that the hordes of vacuum space monkeys inhabiting the moon’s dark side are readying their planet crushing counterstrike to Obama’s feeble excuse for an attack.

Why has it always been “Nuke the Moon?” Because to do anything less leaves us open to the revenge of any surviving moon monkeys, of course!!

33. Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize – Reactions Collection « BUUUUURRRRNING HOT links:

[...] IMAO: Obama Wins the Nobel Peace Prize by Listening to Me – A lot of you laughed when I first unveiled my peace plan over seven years ago, but who is laughing now? This morning, America crashed a probe into the moon causing an explosion. And the result? Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize. Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)Herta Mueller wins 2009 Nobel literature prizeObama wins Nobel Peace PrizePeace Man [...]

34. Stan says:

Ground troops, one week.

35. Dohtimes says:

Worst moon shot disaster since Michael Moore’s Playgirl centerfold.

36. Dohtimes says:

Though Barney Frank begs to differ.

37. SomeOtherSteve says:

Okay, what should we do as a follow up to the attack on the moon?

38. 5 of 7 says:

M.O.P. – Massive Ordinance, Penetrator?
    If we keep hitting the moon at the pole, won’t it swing into a new orbit eventually, going pole to pole around the Earth, instead of around the equator? That’d be kinda cool, I guess.

39. Aletha Kuschan says:

Frank, I read this and had a very good laugh! Then, I’m new here — afterwards I read “Nuke the Moon.” Cannot remember when I laughed so hard.
    My family thought I’d gone bonkers. Absolutely brilliant!

40. Nuke the Moon = Nobel Peace Prize « RandyMelchert.com links:

[...] Frank’s taking due credit for predicting this 7 years in advance… unbelievable prediction [...]

41. U.S. Sees an Opportunity to Press Iran on Nuclear Fuel | Evans Politics links:

[...] See Obama Wins the Nobel Prize by Listening to Me, IMAO, October 9, 2009, by Frank J. Share and [...]