What a stupid debate CNN had. It has the usual awful questions that made me wonder how many came from actual Republicans (are Republicans really worried about separation of church and state with all the problems we’re facing right now?), and then it had that stupid “This or That” stuff along with King making, “Uh… ah…” sounds over everyone’s answers as he tried to keep people from talking long enough to say anything useful. Makes you wonder if Republicans should refuse to go to debate for the major news media outlets with how left-wing and clueless they are, but I think Republicans can stand out in these formats if they take charge and follow my advice.
TIPS FOR HANDLING A STUPID DEBATE
* Don’t be afraid to be confrontational with the moderator if he’s getting in the way of a useful discussion. A good way to make the moderator more cautious is to threaten to murder his family, saying something like, “I googled where you live, and if you keep interrupting me, I will murder your family.”
* If asked a stupid question, a perfectly legitimate response is to say, “That’s a stupid question, ask me another one.” If it’s a particularly stupid question from someone in the audience, make it clear you won’t continue with the debate until the person is removed from the building.
* If asked a completely asinine question like, “Dancing with the Stars or American Idol?” A good answer is, “You just killed your family.”
* If the moderator has a question that implies you’re extremist, say, “I can prove I’m a moderate.” Then pull out a gun and shoot him in the knee. “Extremist would have shot you in the face.”
* If the moderator ever makes noises like, “Uh… ah…” over your answer, stop your answer to say, “I’m starting to think you don’t even like your family.”
So, that’s how you shine in these debate: Take charge and threaten to murder families. That may seem extreme, but surveys show most people — especially Republicans — don’t like journalists or their families.