* Christie is not running, [insert fat joke here]. And since Perry has imploded, that means we’re stuck with Romney… unless we want to take a risk on Cain. I want to take a risk on Cain. Polls now have him as a front runner. Plus, it would be pretty hilarious to see liberals furrow their brows in confusion if we nominate someone that will mess up what’s going to be 90% of their playbook for defending Obama: Charging racism. Still, Intrade only has him at about 7% chance right now against Romney who is near 60% since most people don’t think Cain will be able to hold up against him.
I hate Romney. He’s a weasel. His views on Social Security belong more in the Democrat Party, and since entitlements are the biggest part of the budget and what we have to go after to make traction, that means I don’t expect anything particularly useful in the long term from his presidency. Plus he’s a slimy weasel. But if he’s the nominee, I’ll force myself to like him. But I’d rather keep hating him. REALLY?! YOU’RE GOING TO ARGUE THAT SOCIAL SECURITY IS AN AWESOME THING FOR ME, YOU SLIMY WEASEL?!
So let’s gamble on Cain. I’m tired of politicians. I still like pizza.
* Obama is attacking the GOP for blocking a vote on his jobs bill. Since it’s Harry Reid actually blocking it, it’s a valid criticism since the GOP really should have taken him out in 2010.
Of course, since everyone hates Obama and his jobs bill, the GOP are just doing the will of the American people to stop it. Obama should consider doing that sometime.
* Obama is claiming that Reagan would have liked Obama’s Buffet rule — the same Buffet rule that Warren Buffet doesn’t like. You could be dismissive of this statement, but Obama does seem to be the expert on what Reagan’s views are since Obama has been quite consistent at doing the opposite. Of course, if Obama is now going to do what he thinks Reagan would like, maybe he’ll start slapping himself and never stop.
* Apparently Joe Biden has no idea who Van Jones is. Knowing Biden, he probably assumed the black guy at the staff meeting was a waiter. It wasn’t until well after the first one hundred days that Biden finally learned to stop asking Obama to fetch him a drink.
* On Michelle Obama’s trip to Africa, which cost half a million dollars, Obama’s daughters were listed as “senior staff”. So somebody is getting promotions in this economy… though it helps to have connections.
* Back in the days of the Soviet Union, we thought we’d never see something like this: American and Russian scientists teaming up to hunt down a Yeti.
Yeti aren’t peaceful like our local bigfoots; they’re much bigger and much meaner. By my experience, it takes eight shotgun blasts to take one down (or one grenade and two shotgun blasts). And if scientists are able to find one, we should learn lots in the scientific field of big… monkey type things.
If only more scientists focused more on useful things like hunting yeti instead of silly things like global warming.
* Wisdom of the Day: “Tycoon developing spacecraft to travel globe in two hours. Next project: finding a way to get through airport security that fast.” -Fred Thompson
* There’s going to be a Blackwater videogame. I don’t know if there will be a level where you get yelled at by Democrats, but they’re designing it for motion control in the Kinect and taking out the blood and bad language so it will be fun for the whole family. So what age do you start teaching your kids to kill terrorists? I say three… though at that age they’ll call them “twerowists.” Kids are so cute.
* Speaking of cute kids, Buttercup is turning one year old this weekend, and since family is coming in, I’m taking the next two days off. Also, I get Columbus Day off too. So I probably won’t be back to regular blogging until Tuesday, but who knows. Yeah, I never think to plan these things; I’m a free spirit.