Random Thoughts

Posted on November 9, 2011 9:24 am

Google News gave me a platinum badge in reading stories about videogames. I’m a highly informed person.

Cain: Might be a hound dog. Kinda inept at politics. But he still has the advantage of not being Romney.

Number one characteristic GOP is looking for in a candidate is him not being Romney, but they’re still willing to compromise on that.

“…,Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Freshness Insurance (To Insure Freshness), Gum Arabic,…”

Actually, in a red district, I did vote to reelect the Democrat tax collector — the only incumbent Democrat on the ballot — as it seemed like a job for one.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (10 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

23 Responses to “Random Thoughts”

1. Shawn says:

I have voted for a few country Dem over city Reps b/c in state elections they had a higher NRA rating, but that is the only instance. Sometimes blue dogs beat RINOs when it come to my guns and so its always a tough pick.

2. Burmashave says:

Back during the Cold War days — when we knew who our enemies were — I would vote for Dick Stratton, who, although a Democrat, had hawkety-hawk-hawk credentials.

This column is for “Random Thoughts,” right? Okay, here’s one.

Last night I was looking at Hubble deep field images and noticed that there were lots of blue-shifted galaxies the same size as red-shifted galaxies in all the images. There are also deep field images with mostly blue-shifted galaxies. I’m starting to think there’s something wrong with modern Cosmology and its Big-Bang-expanding-Universe theory.

Suspicions:

1. The Universe is flat, open and infinite.
    2. The Universe is not expanding.
    3. The Universe is in some kind of mysterious, large-scale equilibrium.

So I concluded that “The “Big Bang Theory” is similar to our “Big Bank Theory” of universal inflation of our fiat currency, which of course, is wrong!

4. jj says:

I voted for a democrat once when I lived back in Tennessee – for Rusty Crowe, state senator. Great guy. His first official act when he took office was to switch parties to Republican. Can I pick ‘em or what?!

5. storm1911 says:

I voted for Hosea Willaims. Once. There was no republican running and he was Reaganesque compared to the others.Cynthia McKinney was one of them. gulp

“I have voted for Democrats before, but only in uncontested races for the purpose of me being able to claim I’m not a party line voter.”

I’ve only voted for one…McCain.

I’ve never voted for a Democrat, never have, and never will….they’re not worthy.

8. Burmashave says:

@Jimmy: Perhaps all that mysterious darkish matter is to blame for the equilibrium (note the mystery inside a conundrum wrapped around a zylophone).

Personally, I subscribe to the Many Burrito Theory. Given that burritos are the most highly dense matter known to man, a mere handful could explain the missing mass in the universe.

9. Andrew C says:

That tax collector wouldn’t happen to be Rod Northcutt, would it?

Burma, are you saying that burritos are denser than the dark matter inside OBigBanga’s head? He is, after all, responsible for all the blue-shifting in the 2008 election. (That would be a mystery inside a tortilla wrapped around a cabbage head.)

11. Ernie Loco says:

I’m proud to say I’ve never voted for a democrat for anything, including dog catcher. I figure that anyone who willingly associates themselves with the democratic party should be kept as far away from any position of authority as possible.

I just realized there was an election here yesterday, too. I was a little upset because this was the first election I hadn’t voted in (including primaries) since I’ve been old enough to vote. Turns out that I don’t live in the city limits, so even if I had shown up, I wouldn’t have been able to vote for anyone. My streak continues unbroken!

12. Burmashave says:

@Jimmy: Barack Obama: Empty noggin of pure vacuum, or cranium of white dwarf density? The debate continues.

13. Fly says:

Being “inept at politics” IS an advantage in this group!

Hehe, how appropriate an analogy, Burma. Either OBangBang’s head is a vacuum and it sucked them in – or – it has the density of a black hole and they were dragged-in by gravity (turning into spaghetti at the last moment, I might add).

In the meantime, the market is collapsing!

“Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell”

15. Rockhead says:

Where can I buy this freshness insurance?

16. Veeshir says:

I’ve voted forthree Dems, two back when I used to trust the media and third, as Son of Bob notes, in 2008.

Man do I feel stupid. Except for the 2008 vote, that wasn’t so much for McCain as for Palin.

I voted for a democrat challenger in the recent local city council election, but only because the incumbent is bat$h*t crazy.

PS: I watched the Republican debate on CNBC tonight.
    Cain got the loudest applause line of the night, when he defended himself against his accusers.
    The crowd also booed the moderator who asked the question.
    If the crowd in Detroit gets it, I’m not counting Cain out yet.

PPS: Why was my last comment moderated?
    Was it because I used the word b*****t, or because I admitted voting for a democrat?

19. Dan says:

So Frank, I’m recently unemployed and I thought about turning my hand toward blogging. I was wondering how much the Obama re-election campaign pays you to run ads smearing Romney, their eventual opponent. Is it per article? Per mention? Enough to live off of? Just curious.

4of7,

Did you watch the post-debate interview where the little douche from MSNBC couldn’t comprehend that the audience was booing the CNBC questioners – not Cain – when they asked those ridiculous questions of Herman?

21. Bad Science says:

I voted for a Dem for state Secretary of State once back when I was an Illinoid, as it looked like he was least likely to go to prison. Also, he made the local DMV office actually kind of pleasant to go to.

Dan, I think it’s by the ‘Romney troll.’ So I’ll be he’s thankful you showed up!

#20 – Son of Bob,
    I missed the live broadcast of the debate because I was at choir practice, so by the time I got home, cracked open a beer and was settled comfortably in my easy chair, the after-debate panels were in full swing.
    I knew they were going to replay the debate so I just endured the commentary (with only a minimum of channel surfing) for an hour.
    I heard what all the talking heads said about the debate before I actually saw the debate, which is kind of like being the last person in my family to see the original Star Wars back in 1976.
    It was still awesome.