House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA-8) says she wants the health care bill passed so we can see what’s in it.
Yes, she actually said:
But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it
Why can’t she tell us? Because she doesn’t know? Because she hasn’t read it?
Well, there’s something in it. At around 2,074 pages — remember, they’re going to vote on the Senate bill — there has to be lots of stuff.
But what is in the bill that Pelosi is so excited about?
- Funding to provide all families with a cat spa
- The Compleat Works of William Shakespeare
- The Third Secret of Fátima
- An icebox fruitcake recipe
- The script to the Lost series finale
- Obama’s birth certificate
- The completed final draft of Midnight Sun
- The Klingon Bible
What else might be in there?