AARP, Obamacare, and karma

Posted on November 5, 2010 2:30 pm

Remember when Obamacare was being considered by the Congress? And AARP was supporting it? And all the supporters said how much it would make everything better and how it would get prices under control and it would be just so awesome?

Well, now AARP has sent information to its employees saying that their insurance was going up … because of Obamacare:

In an e-mail to employees, AARP says health care premiums will increase by 8 percent to 13 percent next year because of rapidly rising medical costs.

And AARP adds that it’s changing copayments and deductibles to avoid a 40 percent tax on high-cost health plans that takes effect in 2018 under the law. … Shifting costs to employees lowers the value of a health care plan and acts like an escape hatch from the tax.

To be honest, I don’t mind those that supported Obamacare getting bit in the ass by Obamacare — they are such big asses, after all.

I like laughing at stupid people. It’s fun.

Oh, and AARP? Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (31 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Tags: , ,

17 Responses to “AARP, Obamacare, and karma”

So, AARP helped the democrats lie to old people? Wow, who knew? Oh, that’s right, everybody.

[That's why I didn't renew.]

2. FormerHostage says:

…because of rapidly rising medical costs

Bovine feces! Medical costs are not rising…ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS are rising in order to comply with the Gordian Knot that is Obamacare.

‘tards!

Obamacare didn’t raise the cost of medical care – it raised the cost of government. Now AARP wants to avoid paying their “fair share”.

Basil, you’re laughing at dentured old fogies who have to change their suppositories and Mentholatum diapers twice a day and who rely on Medicare and the prescription drug benefit to get by.

Good.

Sometimes in this nation of ours, and usually quite by accident, there is some poetic justice…this is one such case.

6. Mongo says:

I have a fool proof method for dealing with the AARP. Each time they send me a mailing, I take the Business Reply envelope with me to work. After loading the envelope with washers or scrap metal, I tape it shut with strapping tape and drop it into the nearest mailbox.

Jimmy, I agree with Frank. Old people should know better than this. Old people are supposed to make cookies and offer words of wisdom, not stand around in SEIU shirts.

8. storm1911 says:

I love it when another democrat scheme bites them in the butt. Kind of like that mix of public housing, food stamps, and gun control in the inner citys. LOL

9. Burmashave says:

“We supported the (health care) package because it contained incredibly important protections for our younger members, who often have problems getting access to care,” said spokesman Jim.

Yes, the protections were incredible.

10. ussjimmycarter says:

It’s not the cost of the insurance! It’s the cost of the AARP “bigs” salaries! Hey why not make buck or two out of the scam while we are at it. 1/2 of our members are nit wits who have Alzhimers anyway and the other 1/2 are nit wits that don’t!

“Welcome to Wal Mart.”
    “Get your sh!t and get o..”
    “Wrong store, assh*ole.”

(And I’m so close to 60, it sucks! I know ladies, it’s hard to imagine.)

12. Eric Praline says:

Since AARP is also the primary reason Social Security isn’t getting reformed, I say when the $140 Trillion bill comes, we get up and go to the bathroom and leave it with them.

13. seanmahair says:

They kept sending us “information” about joining their little group (yes we are that old, but just barely-hanging on to life with fingernails ; ), don’t ya know. We kept sending them back the shredded applications.

They don’t contact us anymore.

Yeah, I’ve been getting them too ever since I turned 55, seanmahair.

Hey…”55.” That’s a typical speed limit, not a threshold for AARP-defined senior status!

Old fogies.

15. Capitalist_B says:

Well, at only 32 right now, I could almost pen it as a letter:

Dear AARP:

I’d like to get old someday, however, you seem hell-bent on hogging old age for your current members and doing everything you can to price it out of reach of those of us who won’t get there for a couple of decades.

Jerks.

16. Frank M says:

They finally quit sending me stuff after numerous responses by me with ‘stick this up your wrinkled old a**’ scrawled in fat black marker. Of course, I’m sure I’m on Jonathon Incompetanto’s ‘list’ now because of it. That’s one tough dude.

17. Cactus says:

AARP is pisses me off. I’s is smart, and I no that they is real stoopit. Dummy faces whose wastes many monies sending me letter things I does uses to swat monkeys, squirrels, and nosie naybors who ask why I drinks so much.

Maybe AARP has monies for political and alcohol rehabs for me….they sey I are not doing it right.