Posted on May 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Works like this: I feed you Moon Nukers a straight line, and you hit me with a punch line in the comments.

Asked about secretly obtaining phone records on AP journalists, Eric Holder

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

92 Responses to “Straight Line of the Day: Asked About Secretly Obtaining Phone Records on AP Journalists, Eric Holder…”

…denied that anyone at AP is actually a journalist.

2. Bob B says:

…said “Hey, you journalists do it all the time, just ask Rupert Murdoch.”

…said “What difference does it make?”

3. jw says:

…well, they didn’t care when trashed the 2nd amendment, so i thought “hey, might as well get the 1st, too.”

4. walruskkkch says:

@50 Are liberals allowed to swear to god? Ain’t that a violation of their Separation of Church and State dogma?

5. rodney dill says:

said, “I wasn’t acting as AG… I’m really only half AG…

Take it away Eric the Orchestra Leader

A-one, two, a-one two three four

Half AG, philosophically,
    Must, ipso facto, be not AG.
    But half AG has got to be
    Vis a vis, its entity. D’you see?

But can AG be said to be
    Or not to be an entire AG
    When half the AG is not AG
    Due to some recent perjury?

-singing

La dee dee, one two three,
    Eric the half AG.
    A B C D E F G,
    Eric the half AG.

Is this wretched dumb-AG,
    Half-asleep, caught by AP,
    Some freak from a menagerie?
    No! It’s Eric the half AG!

Fiddle de dum, Fiddle de dee,
    Eric the half AG.
    Ho ho ho, tee hee hee,
    Eric the half AG.

I love this jive, employee-ee,
    bisected incidentally,
    One summer afternoon by AP,
    Loved just like Jay Carney.

Loved just like Jay Carney,
    Semi-Jay Carney.

The End”

6. walruskkkch says:

@55 You are my God.

7. Janeane Garofalo says:

#48
    I have TRUTH down pat!Sad that you have wingnuttry down pat!!Holder is doing a perfectly acceptable job as a part of President Obama’s team and is working hard to advance the agenda of doing the greater good.

8. rodney dill says:

@57 – down Pat who?

9. rodney dill says:

@Janeane Garofalo – You choose to address Eric Holder’s job performance in a straightline/punchline comment context that would ridicule your point of view, even IF it were absolutely true, toward people that would ridicule your point of view, even IF it were absolutely true, and yet you have the audacity to suggest that we’re slowthinking?….

10. walruskkkch says:

@57 Well I have HUMOR down pat, still working on this wingnuttery thing. Who would have thought Orals would be so tough? Holder doing an acceptable job of advancing the greater good? Paging Mr Eichmann, paging Mr. A Eichmann to the white courtesy telephone…

11. rodney dill says:

said, “Bueller….. Bueller…. Bueller…”

12. jw says:

@47 @57 JG
    go away

13. walruskkkch says:

Asked about secretly obtaining phone records on AP journalists, Eric Holder…

…said, “I ain’t got time to read.”

…said, “If this is a fishing expedition you are gonna need a bigger boat.”

…said, ” Tell Mikey it was just business.”

…said, “I’ve got top men on this, TOP MEN.”

…said, “Frankly my Dear, I don’t give a damn.”

…said, “I didn’t expect some kind of Spanish Inquisition.”

@3 – Quick! Somebody Tap The WalrusPhone Bacon to walruskkkch!

15. rodney dill says:

@64 – It’s just another take on The Walrus and The Carpenter

16. walruskkkch says:

I know my phone is tapped, so I answer every call with “F**K Holder”.

17. a guy named Rob says:

…replied “well, as you said last Thursday evening at 8:45 pm while sitting in your dining room in your house located at 8244 Stevens lane, Washington, DC, talking to your wife , there really isn’t anything to these accusations”

…said “PROUS (phone records of unusual sourcing)? I don’t really think they exist.

…said “those phones weren’t tapped, they were just mostly tapped, which means slightly untapped, which is perfectly legal!”

…looked at Obama and said “Hello, my name is Eric Holder, you killed my career, prepare to die!” thus ending his eternal search for the 6 faced man

18. blarg says:

…subpoenaed phone records for anyone asking the question. Also, they got audited by the IRS (totally unrelated)

19. a guy named Rob says:

…explained it was a misunderstanding from a memo he got from Bill Clinton that read “there’s a bunch of them women reporters I’d sure like to tap”

20. CLIFF says:

…pleaded the 5th then called his people, The Black Panthers, to escort him the hell out of there.

21. blarg says:

…said “what, you think I have any more regard for the first amendment than I do for the second? ”

…justified the actions by pointing out that the Obama administration can’t have leaks that they didn’t authorize because it makes them look bad

… blamed Bush

… blamed the sequester

22. Drew says:

…said “now if I told you it wouldn’t be a secret, would it!”

…assured congress that he checked into it an found it was two lower level employees in Cleveland who did it.

…tried to get out of it by saying that he thought everybody had MP3’s and Ipods.

23. James says:

. . . responded with a recording:

Please make your selection from the following.

Press 1 if you are Mexican drug cartel and need more guns
    Press 2 if the IRS is bugging you and you are a liberal group
    Press 3 if you are Darrell Issa and continue waiting till hell freezes over
    Press 4 if you are a member of the Black Panthers and you will be forwarded to my cell phone
    Press 5 if you have something new that we can blame on George Bush

all other callers please try later when the office is open. Our regular hours will resume on January 20, 2016.

24. rodney dill says:

@67 – a guy named Rob

I think they live in the Wire Swamp.

25. Bob in Feenicks says:

…said, “I don’t know anything about it, by the way, don’t forget your wife wants you to pick up the kids at 3:00 and apparently your mother-in-law is visiting next week.”

26. Dohtimes says:

…said that was done by his twin brother, Pot.

…claimed that it was the result of an overzealous condom distributor out to intercept and contain any and all leaks.

…blamed it all on a low level employee in Cincinnati just trying to keep our whistles germ free.

…said Black Ops are de rigueur when you are black, especially when disagreeing with that means you are a racist.

…admitted he suffered from phone envy and was trying to eliminate competition from bigger phones.

27. JeffersonFan says:

…if it weren’t for those bloggers doing all this investigating, the press would never know that we swiped their records, bugged their phones, sold their SSNs to hackers, drank all their beer, threw up on their rug, and carried off their best XBox games.

28. blarg says:

…said “right about now, I bet you’re wishing you left the president to his golfing and choom smoking instead of asking why he wasn’t “DOING ANYTHING” Mr. claimed-the-kids’-bedroom-as-a-home-office-deduction, aren’t you?

29. Iowa Jim says:

. . . shouted “Look! A Tea Party Member!”

. . . said he hadn’t done anything wrong and promised never to do it again.

. . . did his world-famous performance of “Minnie the Moocher”

. . . said, “I didn’t get into any AP classes in school.”

30. @boston_bubba says:

told the reporter, “stop with the paranoid questions, Mr. 617-904-7272.”

31. tanstaafl says:

said he didn’t know what a phone was.

32. walruskkkch says:

Asked about secretly obtaining phone records on AP journalists, Eric Holder…

…said, “Hang on a second, I got Reuters on the phone. In a certain manner of speaking.”

33. walruskkkch says:

Asked about secretly obtaining phone records on AP journalists, Eric Holder…

…said, “I don’t know…I don’t know…I don’t know where Ima gonna go when the volcano blows!”

34. Writer says:

… I did nothing illegal. I simply “re-issued” some orders I found dated 1973.

35. rodney dill says:

said, “It’s above my pay grade.”

36. RAML says:

Said was not my yob, man

Said…”Don’t ask me, ask Ma Bell.”

38. Mark L. says:

. . . responded, “What’s the difference between a duck?”

39. rodney dill says:

“….sure, not problem, I already got that covered.”

said, “You say that like its a bad thing.”

40. walruskkkch says:

Asked about secretly obtaining phone records on AP journalists, Eric Holder…

…said, “Here’s a note from Epstein’s Mother recusing me of all responsibility.”

41. IMAO » Blog Archive » Eric the Half AG (With Apologies to Monty Python) links:

[…] [High Praise! to Rodney Dill] […]

42. IMAO » Blog Archive » You’ve Been Judged! links:

[…] Anonymiss of Nuking Politics picked her favorite punchlines to “Asked About Secretly Obtaining Phone Records on AP Journalists, Eric Holder…” […]